Monochromatic sympathy card
June 18, 2021
The new Blending Brushes work really well to add different colors to card stock. Here I used shades of green to create a soft and subtle sympathy card.
What you need to create this card:
- Mint Macaron card base 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" (8 1/2 x 5 1/2" folded in half)
- Mint Macaron cut at 3 1/2 x 5 1/2"
- Very Vanilla cut at 3 3/4 x 5 1/2"
- scrap piece of Very Vanilla card stock to color and die-cut your choice of foliage die and sentiment tag
- Blending Brush
- inks: Mint Macaron, Soft Sea Foam, Old Olive, and Soft Suede
- Gold Simply Elegant Trim
- Timeless Tulips stamp set (for the sentiments) (which coordinates with the Tulip Builder Punch)
- Forever Flourishing dies (which coordinate with the Forever Fern stamp set)
- Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder
This was the first time that I used one of these blending brushes, but I can tell that they are very nice and can do a nice job with practice.
Below you can see that I randomly added color (3 shades of green, listed above) to a piece of vanilla cardstock with a blending brush. I simply brushed any excess color that was on the brush onto a piece of scrap paper before dipping into a new color. I used soft circles to add ink to the brush, and then ink to paper. I'm going to dedicate this brush to use with green inks.
3 Blending Brushes come in each package.
Once the color was applied, I die-cut my piece of foliage (I cut a few extra, and I'm going to die cut some smaller pieces from what is left of my colored piece and save them for another project).
I really like the sentiments in the Timeless Tulips stamp set. Scroll to the bottom of this page to the supply list to see the entire set. If you are interested in this stamp set, don't miss the coordinating Tulip Builder Punch.
Here is a second sympathy card that is a CASE from p. 39 of the Annual Catalog (Its almost an exact copy ;) It uses that same sympathy sentiment.
Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you were inspired by something!
Holly Dimig
Theclosetstamper
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator
Main Product List
Click on the image descriptions to view/shop online if you wish.
Card stocks, ink pads, and blender pens can be found by color by a search in my online store.
Please check the home page of this blog for the current host code
to use at checkout if you spend less than $150 in my online store today.
Are you a new customer? Email me to find out about rewards details when you buy from my store!








Comments
Post a Comment