How To Stamp A Mirror Image With A Silicone Mat

 June 19, 2021

Mirror images can be really cute.  

Here I've used them to make this anniversary card that's slated for my husbands agility class teacher (who will be teaching on her 40th wedding anniversary!) 


This card uses the Hot Dog stamp set which is from the Jan-June mini catalog and is retiring at the end of June, 2021.  I used a silicone mat and Stamparatus (other stamping platforms would also work) to do the reverse stamping. 

Watch the video on reverse stamping here:



Another interesting thing I did was break up the sentiment.  I used a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker (different than a blender pen, and I often forget that I own one) to add ink to just the words "it's your" for the inside of the card.  (See the picture below).  Inking up key words is easy to do with one of these markers and doesn't require any masking.  They are made with dye ink just like the ink pads but are in pen form and are sold in black, and in color sets.  I used a retired stamp for the word "anniversary," and for the front of the card, I did mask off all of the words but "Hot Dog" and used Versa Mark ink and white embossing powder.


And here it is all assembled: 


Colors for this card are: Mint Macaron, Crumb Cake, Real Red, and the dog collars are colored in with Calypso Coral and Granny Apple Green.


The larger heart is punched out from Real Red card stock and the smaller ones are Resin Hearts embellishments that are also soon-to-retire, available in the Jan-June mini catalog (and currently on sale of $3.50/package) until the end of June 2021 or while supplies last. 
 

Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you were inspired by something!


Holly Dimig
Theclosetstamper
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator

Main Product List
Click on the image descriptions to view/shop online if you wish.
Card stocks, ink pads, and blender pens can be found by color by a search in my online store.


 Please check the home page of this blog for the current host code 
to use at checkout if you spend less than $150 in my online store today. 
Are you a new customer?  Email me to find out about rewards details when you buy from my store!







































Comments

Popular Posts