Shadow Block Technique

Shadow Block Technique


Gotta give credit where credit is due: I saw this technique on Pinterest by fellow card makers: Judy Grenell, Terry Gerrior, and Tina Zinck. 

This technique is a little fiddly for me because I’m not very good at lining up rows of squares, but it worked out. I personally cut a piece of Vellum a little smaller than my card base and glued my squares onto that which I then adhered to the card front. I also did this on top of Grid paper so that I could see the grid lines through the vellum. This helped me Immensely. Note that you can also run this through an embossing folder afterwards to give it more texture, But I forgot. 


The card base color I used was balmy blue. 
Cut your patterned paper squares, and the black squares all to 1” x 1”. 

I use the full of life designer series paper pack from the current 2025 annual catalog and I pair it with an older stamp set and dies as seen in the picture below.


Holly Dimig,
The Closet Stamper






Comments

Popular Posts