Basic Borders & Biggest Wish
May 13, 2023
Basic Borders dies & Biggest Wish stamps
As a demonstrator, what do you do when you're waiting for new product to show off?... use carryover product and make those cards you had an idea for that you never got around to.
I used colors from the Brights collection, the first of which uses all of the brights colors in a spectrum:
Poppy Parade, Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana, Azure Afternoon, and Berry Burst.
Notice that I alternated showing off the decorative cut edge with a straight edge. It was toooooo curvy looking otherwise, and served to reduce the bulk as well.
For the second card, I used the scraps left over from cutting down the first pieces, and added more text. The "Hello" and "Happy" sentiments are heat embossed with Versa Mark ink and White embossing powder on Basic Black card stock.
The "birthday" is stamped in Azure Afternoon, one of my new favorite colors.
Below you can see the other border options in the Basic Borders set of dies. I bought them mainly for the cloud edges die that I've used for sunshine cards and cards with animals/outdoor scenes.
Inspiration for this card came from a card in the new Annual Catalog on p. 68.
I want to try different cards with a different border edge and more stamping in the white space above the layers, like this one, but that is for another day!
All catalogs referenced in the blog are current to the blog date (Often a current annual catalog and a current mini catalog and sometimes a Sale-a-bration brochure of free earnable stuff).
All inks and card stock colors can be found in the current Annual Catalog or by searching for the color in my online store.
Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you were inspired by something!
Shop with me in my online store at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2197553
Holly Dimig
Theclosetstamper@gmail.com
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator






Comments
Post a Comment