Make Your Own Variegated Ink Pad With Baby Wipes
October 23, 2021
Make Your Own Variegated Ink Pad
With Baby Wipes
I used the Love of Leaves stamp set and the Stitched Leaves dies for these cards. I stamped the leaves in variegated fall colors on an ink pad that I made myself with re-inkers (bottles of ink for refreshing ink pads). Making your own ink pad is easy using baby wipes. I found that the least expensive ones (with no logos imprinted on them) work best! Watch my video for tips and tricks and learn just what to do and what not to do.
Watch my YouTube video here:
After stamping all of my beautiful variegated leaves, I had to use them! Since I used traditional fall colors for the leaves, I used my Color Coach to help me experiment with unexpected color combinations for the card bases and backgrounds. I hope they will inspire you to try something different!
To see how I made the card above, visit my previous blog post from October 18, 2021
where I outlined what I did to make this card for a Freshly Made Sketches challenge. It features
some new Brushed Metallic card stock from the July-December mini catalog.
To make the mini slim-line card above, I used:
- Pale Papaya card base, cut to 6 x 6", scored at 3" along one side, and folded in half so that the card front is 3 x 6"
- Basic White card stock layer cut to 2 1/2 x 5 1/2"
- Pale Papaya card stock cut to 1/8" smaller than the white border piece
- Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder
- Love of Leaves stamp set
- coordinating Stitched Leaves dies
- Basic Black card stock for sentiment
- White embossing powder and Versa Mark ink for sentiment
- Gilded Gems
- Dimensionals to pop up the sentiment
- adhesive of your choice. I used all Tombo multipurpose liquid glue on this one
To make the plaid card above, I used:
- Flirty Flamingo card base, cut to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" along longer side, and folded in half so that the card front is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4"
- Flirty Flamingo scrap piece for sentiment border
- Plaid Tidings dsp, cut 1/8" smaller than card front (now retired, but really popular with these stamps & dies last year, so lots of people have some of this left over!)
- Love of Leaves stamp set
- coordinating Stitched Leaves dies
- Merry Merlot ink for sentiment, stamped on Basic White card stock
- Stitched So Sweetly dies
- Dimensionals to pop up the sentiment and leaves
- adhesive of your choice. I used both Stampin' Seal runner and Tombo multipurpose liquid glue on this one
Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you were inspired by something!
Holly Dimig
Theclosetstamper@gmail.com
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator
and Theclosetstamper on Facebook
Main Product List
Click on the image descriptions to view/shop online if you wish.
White, black, and colored card stocks, ink pads, and blender pens can be searched by color in my online store.
Please check the home page of this blog for the current host code
to use at checkout if you spend less than $150 in my online store today.
Are you a new customer? Email me or choose me as your demonstrator when you shop and I will contact you about rewards from me when you buy from my store!



Comments
Post a Comment