Spooky Silhouette Halloween Cat Card- A Month Of Halloween #4
September 11, 2021
A Month of Halloween #4
Here is some more spooky inspiration for you. I half-bought this cat punch so that I could make spooky cat silhouette cards!
For this card I used:
- Night of Navy card base, 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 and scored along the longer side in the middle, folded to be 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
- Misty Moonlight card stock cut 1/4" smaller than the front face, 4 x 5 1/4", popped up with dimensionals
- The largest non-scalloped circle from the Layering Circle dies (3" in diameter) cut in Shimmery White card stock
- Cat punch
- Frightfully Cute bundle for the sentiment (stamp) and sentiment label and small gray stars (dies). The sentiment is stamped in Night of Navy ink on Basic White card stock and the small gray stars are die cut out of Smoky Slate card stock.
- A bat punched out of Black Glitter Paper (my bat punch is retired)
- Cute Stars Adhesive Backed Sequins
- Bakers Twine
- Blending Brushes to add some Daffodil Delight ink around the edges of the "moon" and some Night of Navy ink to the inside "sky"
- More Stampin' Dimensionals to also pop up that moon and sentiment
You could totally just place a punched out cat in front of the moon instead of punching the cat into the moon... but I wanted to try this like I had seen on some Pinterest cards. I love it. I just held the punch so that just the bottom of the punch hung off the circle. It did not crimp or damage the circle in any way. I had inked up the edges of the moon first.
Want to see another way to use this cat punch that's not Halloweeny? Check out my blog from January 14, 2021. That card one me my Paper Players "cut above" badge!!
Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you were inspired by something!
Holly Dimig
Theclosetstamper@gmail.com
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator
and Theclosetstamper on Facebook
Main Product List
Click on the image descriptions to view/shop online if you wish.
White, black, and colored card stocks, ink pads, and blender pens can be searched by color in my online store.
Please check the home page of this blog for the current host code
to use at checkout if you spend less than $150 in my online store today.
Are you a new customer? Email me or choose me as your demonstrator when you shop and I will contact you about rewards from me when you buy from my store!
BAKER'S TWINE ESSENTIALS PACK $11.00
SHIMMERY WHITE 8-1/2" X 11" CARDSTOCK $10.00












Comments
Post a Comment