Give It A Whirl Dies Anniversary Card
September 26, 2021
So this is my first card using the Give It A Whirl dies!!
The dies are really easy to use to make an interactive card, and they can be used with so many stamp sets...and you get extras (it's 21 pieces total) like the hearts I used here, and stars and clouds! (I'm going to use the clouds for a spreading sunshine card).
See the product list below for a picture of all of the dies that come in this set, but the great thing about the dies is that they all have a little circle/hole on them that you line up so that everything fits together perfectly to either die-cut or attach. The hole in the top frame piece and the wheel ends up being where the brad goes which allows the wheel to spin.
First you cut the top piece with the frame die (I cut mine out of Blackberry Bliss 6 x 6 patterned dsp). Then you choose which window shape you want to use (I chose the pie shape, but there is also a circle, a rectangle, and a heart to choose from), and line up the hole in the window die with the existing hole on the frame piece you just cut, and run it through your die cutting machine again. Then die-cut and stamp a wheel with either images or sentiments or both- there are small indentations on the wheel that serve as a guide for stamping on it.
I am so forgetful these days, that I put the card in an envelope and sent it on its way before taking a video spinning the wheel... ugh... but it was great! Popping that front frame piece up with Dimensionals allows the wheel room to rotate, and allows for your finger to get in there. I at least have pics of the different sentiments above and below (see where the arrows are pointing!)
The geese stamps are retired. The recipients of this card happen to love geese, so I used an old set, but the Give It A Whirl dies can be used with just about anything, and are indeed currently available in the Annual Catalog on p. 163.
Next card I make with these dies, I'll be sure to take a video to post!
Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you were inspired by something!
Holly Dimig
Theclosetstamper@gmail.com
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator
and Theclosetstamper on Facebook
Main Product List
Click on the image descriptions to view/shop online if you wish.
White, black, and colored card stocks, ink pads, and blender pens can be searched by color in my online store.
Please check the home page of this blog for the current host code
to use at checkout if you spend less than $150 in my online store today.
Are you a new customer? Email me or choose me as your demonstrator when you shop and I will contact you about rewards from me when you buy from my store!










Comments
Post a Comment