A Cellophane Bag Topper- A Month Of Halloween #9
September 30, 2021
A Month Of Halloween #9
A bag topper is still one of my favorite ways to give a treat. It's simply made from a piece of card stock or dsp cut to about 1/4"- 1/2" longer than the width of the cellophane bag you use (so that a little hangs over and looks nice). Then you can decorate it as desired!
Remember- you don't always have to fill a bag with sweets...you can add peanuts or mixed nuts, yogurt pretzels, licorice, Fritos, Weight Watchers snacks, etc... it's really up to you- and tailor it to your recipient!
To make this bag you'll need:
- 6 x 8" cellophane bag
- card stock or dsp for topper: cut to 6 1/2 x 4", then scored and folded along the shorter side at 2"
- layered circles, one plain, one scalloped on the edge- choose a size that fits your sentiment. These are 2" and 2 1/4" in diameter.
- decorative ribbon (I used18"), or two brads
- other Halloween items to decorate
- adhesive
- hole puncher
Because this bag is so wide, I first added a little Stampin' Seal adhesive under the dsp so that it stuck to the bag enough to hold it in place.
To secure the topper in place, punch holes with a hole puncher on both ends of the topper (Hint: use a ruler to help you place your holes evenly).
Run a ribbon through and tie a bow or knot, or add brads through each hole. With larger, wider bags I like to use ribbon. With smaller cello bags like the ones Stampin' Up!® used to sell, I like to use brads, but that is just my personal preference.
Then decorate: I used one of the black & white patterns (on the back sides) from the Pattern Party host reward 12 x 12" dsp papers (I love these papers). The ribbon is from the Playful Pets Trim Combo Pack.
"batty for you" is from the Frightfully Cute stamp set, stamped on a plain and scalloped circle from the Layered Circle dies. The topper is also decorated with Black Glitter Paper bats and Cute Stars Adhesive Backed Sequins. I tried to show off the iridescence.
Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you were inspired by something!
Holly Dimig
Theclosetstamper@gmail.com
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator
and Theclosetstamper on Facebook
Main Product List
Click on the image descriptions to view/shop online if you wish.
White, black, and colored card stocks, ink pads, and blender pens can be searched by color in my online store.
Please check the home page of this blog for the current host code
to use at checkout if you spend less than $150 in my online store today.
Are you a new customer? Email me or choose me as your demonstrator when you shop and I will contact you about rewards from me when you buy from my store!




Comments
Post a Comment