Layered papers card with Artistically Inked
July 25, 2021
The intricate flower die that comes in the Artistic dies (part of the Artistically Inked bundle) is just beautiful! Inspired by a fellow demonstrator, I've cut apart and layered the flower die under layers of torn dsp.
What I used to make this card:
- Crumb Cake card base, standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 when folded
- Basic White border piece, cut to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8"
- 4 pieces of patterned 6x6 Subtles designer series paper (dsp) in Pool Party, each cut to 2 x 4 " (these papers are double sided, so all of these patterns are within the pack of dsp).
- One flower grouping cut in Basic White from the Artistic dies
- 'hello' sentiment from the Artistically Inked stamp set
- Highland Heather ink
- Basic White card stock for the sentiment, and enough Crumb Cake card stock to border your sentiment.
- Elegant Faceted Gems
- White Bakers Twine
The idea for this card came from an Instagram post by stempelschick (Madeleine Mrotzek, who is a Stampin' Up!® demonstrator in Germany). She makes beautiful cards! The card below in the pale pinks and oranges is a CASE of the card I saw. The layers are made of regular card stock (not patterned dsp), in colors Petal Pink, Blushing Bride, Pale Papaya, Calypso Coral, and Flirty Flamingo.
Tearing the edges: I tore along the length of the dsp, leaving as much of the width I could on each piece. You need to be sure that the 4 pieces together will cover the length of the card when they are layered even after they are torn. I used small, slight back and forth tearing motions along the entire edge. For the card on the right with 5 colors, I tore each piece to an inch to an inch and a half, depending on how much of that color I wanted to expose.
Cutting the flowers: I just cut between the two major flowers and left some leaves with both sides. There was no other rhyme or reason to it. If you cut too much of one side, tuck it under a layer at more of an angle so that the cut edge does not show.
Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you were inspired by something!
Holly Dimig
Theclosetstamper
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator
Main Product List
Click on the image descriptions to view/shop online if you wish.
Card stocks, ink pads, and blender pens can be found by color by a search in my online store.
Please check the home page of this blog for the current host code
to use at checkout if you spend less than $150 in my online store today.
Are you a new customer? Email me to find out about rewards details when you buy from my store!










Comments
Post a Comment