Pet Picture Collage
1/9/2021
A tri-fold picture collage: a mail-able/portable scrapbook
Hi All,
I made this picture collage for my daughter for Christmas to go with a paw print dough ornament that I sneakily had her make for herself (well kind of). She doesn’t live with us anymore, but her and her husband have a really sweet relationship with our dog Ivory. They are always texting and asking for pics 😉.
I found it best to use wallet-sized prints. I was able to fit 8 photos on this tri-fold photo collage! You can upload pictures for print from home by finding a local drug store that has an online photo lab (most major chains do). It was super easy to do and I got an email notification that they were ready for pick up about 30 minutes later. I had to purchase three wallets of each print, but that was ok with me, because it provided me with duplicates when I inevitably messed up a few times.
To make the background base: I cut a piece of Crumb Cake card stock in half length-wise, and then scored and folded each piece in half just like I would if I were going to use them for card bases (so I had two pieces that were 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded in half). Then I glued one side of each one together, overlapping them so that it became one long tri-fold piece that was nice and sturdy and stood up by itself as you can see in the picture above.
Decorate it however you like, but here is what I did:
The front flap:
-Real Red and Basic Black card stock to mat the picture and sentiment.
-Dog Builder Punch: dog in black; heart in red
-Sentiment: from the now retired Happy Tails stamp set.
-Mimento Black ink
Inside flap 1:
-Playful Pets designer series paper (dsp) for the
background
-Heart from the Stitched Be Mine dies, in Basic Black
card stock
-Basic Black card stock to mat the pictures
-three hearts punched from the Dog Builder Punch to
decorate the top left corner, from Crumb Cake card stock
-retired Red gross grain ribbon adhered about 2/3 of the
way up the flap to divide the dsp.
Inside flap 2:
-Playful Pets dsp for the background
-Heart from the Stitched Be Mine dies, from Basic
White card stock
-Basic White card stock for the sentiments
-Red ink
-Real Red and Basic Black card stock to mat pictures
-Sentiment from retired Happy Tails stamp set
Inside flap 3:
-Playful Pets dsp for background
-Basic Black and Real Red card stock to mat pictures
-Heart and "Ruff Ruff'" stamped from retired Happy
Tails stamp set
-black scalloped edge washi tape and a miscellaneous 15-
year old bone decoration from a craft store were also
added for decoration :)
Any kind of pictures can be coupled with your pretty dsp and stamps....sports, dance, or school pictures for the grandparents, vacations, etc.... and it's easy to fit in the mail because it folds to be an A2 card size.
Thanks for reading!
Subscribe on the front page if you would like an email notification when I publish a new blog post.
Holly Dimig
Theclosetstamper
Independent Stampin' Up! demonstrator
Product List to click and shop online:
Please check the front page of this blog for my current host code for purchases under $150
![]() |
| Be Mine Stitched Dies |
![]() |
| Crumb Cake Card Stock |
![]() |
| Basic Black Card Stock |
![]() |
| Real Red Card Stock |












Comments
Post a Comment