Country Card with Inky Technique Background

 


For the technique I used on the background, please see the Inky Technique with Embossing Folders video by Jennifer McGuire that I linked in my last post, Inky Technique Happy Birthday using Leftover Strips.


This background was the first one I tried using the technique. And I used alcohol to remove that top layer of ink, but I really don’t know why that worked. In subsequent tries the alcohol did nothing. Because our dyes are water based, I ended up using water for the rest of my Backgrounds.  Regardless, for some unknown to me reason, this one turned out great


I stamped my image on watercolor paper with saddle brown StazOn ink.  Then I used a watercolor brush and our Stampin’ Up! dye inks to color in the image. The image is from a retired set, but there are country images currently available in the catalog that are very similar which would yield the same look and feel. The sentiment is also stamped in Saddle Brown ink.


I then die cut the image and adhered it to my inked embossed background. The card base and background ink color are both Balmy Blue

Thanks,
Holly Dimig
The Closet Stamper






Comments

Popular Posts