Frightfully Cute- A Month Of Halloween #1
August 29, 2021
A Month Of Halloween #1
(look for 2 Halloween ideas per week starting today & through September!)
A decorative mask and black glitter paper, for my first Halloween card of the season, Oh my!
First of all, the Black Glitter paper in the July-Dec mini catalog is really awesome. It is thin and flexible and die cuts really well. I was even able to die-cut this Ornate Frames die that is oh, so spooky :) (I bought the Ornate Frames dies last Halloween). I ran it through my Big Shot twice for good measure, and rolled over it with my Take Your Pick Tool and it came out perfectly. I'm ordering another pack of this Black Glitter paper for next year because it's quintessentially Halloween-y.
And, I didn't think the first thing I'd make with this decorative tree mask would be a Halloween card, but guess what? It works! I used a sponge dauber to add the black ink to my card stock. I suggest using some kind of painters tape or purple tape to hold your stencil/mask to your card stock as you add the ink. There is lots of open space on this mask, and it can move very easily on you if you don't. Peel the tape off carefully when you are done so that you don't rip your paper. I used blue painters tape because that's what I have. I haven't yet tried the purple tape that so many ladies use on YouTube. Have you?
Interested in the decorative mask?- I used one of the other decorative masks on a different card back in January- check out my blog from January 14, 2021 to see a very cute shabby chic cat card that won me a runner-up badge from a sketch challenge! Scroll down below in the product list to view the entire 4-pack of Basic Pattern Decorative Masks
I already own lots of Halloween stampin supplies, so this year, besides the glitter paper, I bought only the Frightfully Cute stamp set, and the coordinating Frightful Tags dies (the dies have a good spider web and tree that I think I will enjoy the rest of my life, LOL ;) I did not use the dies for this card- those will be coming up in one of my next posts. Here I used my retired Bat Punch.
The moon and sentiment were die-cut on Daffodil Delight card stock, and then I used a Blending Brush to add some Mango Melody ink to the edges of the moon. I've always been skeptical of blending brushes, as I am not a great color-er or blender, but these are great and worth every penny. And they do come in a 3-pack. The card base is Night of Navy. For variation, I inked the Happy Halloween sentiment in black, but the "batty for you" in Night of Navy.
Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you were inspired by something!
Holly Dimig
Theclosetstamper@gmail.com
Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator
Main Product List
Click on the image descriptions to view/shop online if you wish.
Card stocks, ink pads, and blender pens can be found by color by a search in my online store.
Please check the home page of this blog for the current host code
to use at checkout if you spend less than $150 in my online store today.
Are you a new customer? Email me or choose me as your demonstrator when you shop and I will contact you about rewards from me when you buy from my store!











Comments
Post a Comment