Color Challenge PP532

 March 19, 2021

This is my entry for this weeks Paper Players Color Challenge PP532:



You can see the entire challenge and what the PP design team created for this challenge (as examples) at the following link:  http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/2021/03/pp532-colour-challenge-from-joanne.html



First I stamped some flowers from the Pretty Perennials stamp set, using Highland Heather, Seaside Spray, and Old Olive.  The white piece of card stock was cut to 3 x 4 3/4".  Then I die-cut a few flowers, the sentiment tag, and the bow from the Pierced Blooms dies.  These dies are not the ones created to coordinate with this stamp set, but they do go pretty well, and that is what I had ;)   (The Pretty Perennials stamp set coordinates with the Perennial Petal dies, and they are even currently sold as a bundle in the Jan-June mini catalog).


I wanted to make this a congratulations card, so the sentiment was stamped from the Beautiful Friendship stamp set. 


I embellished the small flowers with some Pearl Basic Jewels...  I can tell you right now that  I'm going to go back and add a larger pearl jewel to the center of the large flower too! (Scroll to the end to see an updated picture) 
 

I popped up up the largest flower and the sentiment with some standard Stampin' Dimensionals, and added a Mini  Stampin' Dimensional right at the edge where that bow sits on top for some extra reinforcement.  The bow is just adhered with some liquid Tombow glue that I lightly sponged onto the back.  

This was a real sweet color combination!
Note that Seaside Spray is a 2019-2021 In-Color that will be retiring this year- at the end of April.  It will no longer be available come May 2021.  It is a great color that I will miss (it's especially perfect for stamping hydrangea flowers!!)

UPDATED:
I added a pearl to the center of the large flower and some Wink Of Stella to the purple dot flowers for some added sparkle!






Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you were inspired by something!

Holly Dimig
Theclosetstamper
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Product List
Click on the image descriptions to view/shop online if you wish.
 
Please check the home page of this blog for the current host code if your purchase from my online store is less than $150,  and ask me about getting rewards back from me when you use it!












































Comments

  1. You have showcased that Perennial stamp set so well! I think the colors this week worked wonderfully with your design too! Such a great greeting too! I think I better get my hands on some of that blue before it's gone! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your combination of stamped and diecut elements - beautiful. Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge over at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Holly! Thanks for sharing over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts