How To Make A Stamped Scratch-n-Sniff Card

 February 26, 2021

Can you believe the strawberries on these cards are scratch -n- sniff?  

Watch my video below to see how I did it and to hear about a kit that I am offering this week!


So I just had to try this technique with the Sweet Strawberry bundle and Berry Delightful designer series paper (dsp).  It worked so well! You need to mix clear embossing powder with a flavored sugar-free gelatin in a 2:1 ratio. That means you want twice as much embossing powder as scented stuff.  I used 1 tsp Stampin’ Up! clear embossing powder and 1/2 tsp sugar-free Jell-o brand gelatin along with a fairly new Versa Mark ink pad and it worked perfectly. 

As I was researching this technique, every video I watched using Stampin’ Up! Embossing powder (not all embossing powders are equal), Versa Mark ink, and sugar free Jell-o worked.  Several sources said that you could also use sugar-fee Koolaid, sugar-fee pudding, or cocoa.  I haven't tried those yet, but I know that a chocolate cupcake card is in my future! 

The scratch-n-sniff piece is the single strawberry 

All of these cards are made with the Sweet Strawberry bundle (Sweet Strawberry Stamp Set + Strawberry Builder Punch). 

 All of these cards are standard A2 sized 5 1/2 x 4 1/4"  
(an 8 1/2 x 11" piece of card stock cut in half, and folded in half)



Crumb Cake card base
Berry Delightful dsp bottom layer cut to 4 x 3 3/4” and
top layer cut to 3 3/4 x 3 3/4”
Balmy Blue tag from the Tailored Tag punch 
Sentiment stamped in black ink
Linen thread bow
The scratch-n-sniff strawberry is stamped in black ink on Poppy Parade and Garden Green card stock, 
popped up with dimensionals. 


Pacific Point card base
Berry Delightful dsp, cut 1/4” smaller than the card front and, cut 2” in halfway down the right side and folded back
Layered labels are die-cut from the Hippo & Friends dies with Pacific Point and Basic White card stock
Sentiment stamped in black ink
The scratch-n-sniff strawberry is stamped in black ink on Poppy Parade and Garden Green card stock, 
popped up with dimensionals. 


Poppy Parade card base
Berry Delightful dsp, cut 1/4” smaller than the card front, cut about a third of the way down with one piece flipped to show the back side
Bumblebee Gingham Ribbon adhered where they meet
Layered labels are die-cut from the Hippo & Friends dies with Crumb Cake and Basic White card stock
Sentiment stamped in black ink
The scratch-n-sniff strawberry is stamped in black ink on Poppy Parade and Garden Green card stock, 
popped up with dimensionals. 

Here is the video:   “Scratch-n-Sniff”:




Here is the recipe:



Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you were inspired by something!

Holly Dimig
Theclosetstamper, Independent Stampin' Up! demonstrator
theclosetstamper@gmail.com



Product List
Click on the image descriptions to view/shop online if you wish.
 
Please check the home page of my blog for the current host code if your purchase from my online store is less than $150,  and ask me about getting rewards back from me when you use it! 













Free Sale-a-bration choice (choose this one with a $100 qualifying purchase):







HEAT TOOL $30.00





BUMBLEBEE 1/4" (6.4MM) GINGHAM RIBBON $7.00






HIPPO & FRIENDS DIES $36.00





TAILORED TAG PUNCH $18.00





3/16" (4.8 MM) BRAIDED LINEN TRIM $7.00





PACIFIC POINT 8-1/2" X 11" CARDSTOCK $8.75






CRUMB CAKE 8-1/2" X 11" CARDSTOCK $8.75






POPPY PARADE 8-1/2" X 11" CARDSTOCK $8.75















Comments

Popular Posts