Happy Birthday Stars

 February 12, 2021

This is my entry for this weeks Paper Players Challenge 527, a theme challenge: 

Hearts and/or Stars


  Here is a copy of the sketch, and you can see the entire original challenge at this link: 


My card, of course, has stars. This was the first time using my new Stitched Stars dies. 
There are LOTS of dies in this set, and I plan to use them to make cards for birthdays, and Christmas, not to mention possible 4th of July crafts!  That little black flourish in the corner of the card was also cut from this set. 

The stars I used were cut from the following colors of card stock:
Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Coastal Cabana, Magenta Madness. And Basic Black. The die leaves a “stitched” edge on each star as well as on the paper it was cut from (as can be seen in the next photo), which means you can use both the positive and negative pieces for pretty projects. (So for instance, if you cut a star in the middle of a square, you could then use that square as a "window" to show some other pretty paper through the back, or make a shaker card out of it!) 




I was also itching to use some Rainbow Glitter Paper... I cut two 1” strips from one of my 12 x 12” pieces of glitter paper, and then cut them down so that I had four pieces total (with a little left over) that were 1 x 5 1/4”.  I adhered them onto a scrap piece of cardstock that measured 4 x 5 1/4” card, so that I could use them as one piece, and it was beautiful!!  But, I glued a little crooked and when I went to trim it, I ruined an edge because it was a little too thick for my trimmer- so HINT:  adhere strips to thinner paper so that you can trim them easier... I don't know, it's something I have to try myself.  

So as not to waste my beautiful glittery rainbow background, I decided to use the largest die-cut that I had, thus the large scalloped-edged shape you see cut with a die out of the Stitched So Sweetly dies. 


Here is what I started with: 


The Basic Black Happy Birthday sentiment is also a die-cut piece, but from the Birthday Chick dies. (I really like to mix and match my stuff). 



The standard card base is Basic Black. The next layer is Coastal Cabana, cut to 5 1/4 x4” and embossed with the Dainty Diamonds embossing folder (because why not make each layer pretty), and the next layer is Daffodil Delight cut to 4 3/4 x 3 1/2” embossed with the Subtle 3D embossing folder. 

Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you were inspired by something!

Holly Dimig
Theclosetstamper
Independent Stampin' Up! demonstrator

Product List
Click on the image descriptions to view/shop online if you wish.
 
Please check the front page of my blog for the current host code if your purchase from my online store is less than $150,  and ask me about getting rewards back from me when you use it! 







































































































Comments

  1. What a wonderful card. I love the rainbow and the glimmery sheen. So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your sprakly Birthday card..so awesome! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright, cheery and fun! Love the pop of sparkle. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts